Occupational Health and Safety Management System: OHSAS18001
In March 2010, Nishishiba obtained OHSAS18001 occupational health and safety management system certification, and through use of this system, we are making continual improvements in occupational health and safety activities.
In our occupational health and safety management system, we carry out continual improvement through the PDCA cycle: Plan → Do → Check → Action (management review).
OHSAS18001 certification is valid for a period of 3 years. In order to maintain our certification, we undergo inspections (surveillance inspections) for activity status check by an external inspection agency (LRQA) twice a year.
Basic policy on health and safety
As a part of the Toshiba Group, Nishishiba shall give maximum priority to the importance of life, safety and compliance in all business activities, and shall promote the creation of safe and comfortable work environments and the maintenance of mental and physical health.
- Positioning health and safety as one of the most important issues of business operation, we shall endeavor to prevent work-related injuries and illnesses and make continual improvements to health and safety activities.
- We shall comply with occupational health and safety laws and regulations and other legal requirements.
- We shall set objectives and goals for the following items and put them into action.
- (1) Elimination of occupational accidents and illnesses and reduction of the risk of accident or illness occurrences
- (2) promoting the maintenance of mental and physical health so that all employees can exercise their individual abilities to the fullest.
- In order to ensure the health and safety of all people involved in our operations, we request our affiliates to undertake initiatives for health and safety, and provide support for those initiatives.
- We shall actively publish our efforts and achievements pertaining to health and safety, and thereby contribute to improving the level of health and safety in society.
OHSAS18001 registration certificate
Nishishiba and Nishishiba Group have OHSAS18001 certification.
Click image to enlarge.
Health and safety patrols
We carry out monthly health and safety patrols for the purpose of ensuring safety and preventing occupational accidents and illnesses.
Health and safety awareness activities and training
We carry out health and safety awareness activities and training for the purpose of preventing occupational accidents and illnesses.
Company-wide health and safety conference
We hold a company-wide health and safety conference ahead of the preparatory month leading up to National Safety Week, in order to raise the level of safety and increase company safety culture.
Special health and safety training
We regularly conduct special training and give careful attention to employee health and safety.
A new window will be launched when you click a link with the left icon.