As a developer and manufacturer of power-generation systems, ship and marine electrical machinery systems, control systems, and
industrial equipment, Nishishiba will contribute to the well-being of customers and society by providing environmentally conscious
products and services.
Moreover, given our close proximity to the rich and beautiful inland sea, and world Heritage site of Himeji Castle, and considering that it is a fundamental duty of all people alive today to protect the irreplaceable environment of this earth for the next generation, and aiming for a "low-carbon path" and a recycling-oriented culture resulting in a society in symbiosis with nature, we shall promote environment preservation activities under the following policies.
- We shall position environmental initiatives as one of the top-priority issues of our business operations, and shall develop proactive environmental preservation policies and measures.
- (1) We shall make continual improvement to our environmental management system through environmental activities that are harmonized with economic needs.
- (2) We shall assess the effects of business activities, products and services (including generator instillation, construction work, and adjustment tests performed outside factory grounds) on the environment, including biodiversity, and shall carry out environmental activities with specific objectives and goals for reduction of environmental impact, prevention of pollution, etc.
- (3) In addition to observing environmental conservation laws and regulations and the environmental conservation requirements of business partners , we shall set and adhere to our own standards that are even stricter than the legal and regulatory standards.
- (4) All personnel of our group companies and affiliates shall engage in environmental conservation activities.
- We shall engage in environmentally conscious activities from the development and design stages, and provide environmentally conscious products and systems.
- (1) Reduction of CO2 emissions through improvement of energy efficiency and reduction of electrical energy consumption.
- (2) Reduction of resource consumption through size and weight reductions.
- (3) Facilitation of easy re-use and recycling through modularization and improvement in ease of disassembly.
- (4) Reduction and replacement of specified chemicals through adherence to the Green Procurement guidelines.
- We shall engage in the following environmentally conscious activities in the business process and endeavor to reduce environmental impact.
- (1) Reduction of CO2 emissions through reduction of electricity, gas, oil and other resources used for manufacturing equipment and power supply equipment, etc.
- (2) Reduction of the amount of specific chemicals released into the air and water.
- (3) Maintenance of zero emission efforts and reduction of the total amount of waste.
- We shall contribute to society through environmental activities conducted in collaboration with local communities.
- (1) Conducting active information disclosure and communication to promote mutual understanding.
- (2) Cooperation in planning and conduct of local community environmental activities.
ISO14001 registration certificate
Click image to enlarge.
Examples of environmentally friendly products and systems
Power generating System Controller
Nishishiba has been producing various controllers over the years, but we have now developed a new type of integrated controller that enables updating and expansion from conventional controllers. This means that long-term stable supply can be assured, with little influence from subsequent model changes.
Development of Miniaturized 2P Motor for Compressors on LNG Tankers
- Through miniaturization, we have achieved equal footing with major competitors.
- The weight of the L/D Comp. motor is reduced by 37%.
Capacity expansion of Electric propulsion system and Shaft driven generating system
We have been carrying out production and delivery of various systems that contribute to energy conservation on ships, including electrical propulsion and shaft generators, and shaft generator systems with electrical propulsion. We are continuing to expand our range of machine models and further expand capacity (6000-kW class) to meet market needs.
By improving the design and cooling of land-based emergency generators, we have developed lighter generators that require fewer materials. We have cut the total amount of materials needed for manufacturing by 5% compared with conventional generators of the same capacity. (Single-bearing model and double-bearing model)
Standard medium-size diesel generators for ships
By improving the design and manufacturing methods of standard medium-size diesel generators for ships, we have developed lighter generators that require fewer materials. We have cut the total amount of materials needed for manufacturing by 10% compared with conventional generators of the same capacity. (Single-bearing model)
IEC standard switchboards
For development of IEC standard VCB panels, as it was a new development for us, we used the products of other companies as a model and set goals for reducing product weight and volume. Compared with the model machines, we reduced the weight by 28% and reduced the volume by 48%.
High-performance digital AVR
We have reduced both weight and volume compared with conventional models.
(weight cut by 64.9%, volume cut by 62.9%)
By using RoHS compliant electronic components, we have also reduced the amount of specific chemicals.
Inverter-type electric vibration balancer
There is increasing need for balancers (vibration compensators) that can eliminate vibrations from propulsion engines on ships, in order to create a more comfortable on-board living environment.
Our previous balancers utilized electromagnetic couplings and uniform rate motors, but for our latest models, we adopted a new system that regulates motor revolution speed, thereby greatly reducing size and weight (weight of main unit reduced by 39%) and also reducing power consumption by 46%.
Toshiba Group Excellent ECP certified products
Products that comply with the ECP standards (Toshiba environmental quality) and achieve No.1 ranking for main environmental performance at the time of release.
Electric propulsion system
- Inverter control systems, generators, propulsion motors
- Resource-saving (floor space: 2.1 m² → 1.7 m²) Mass (2.0 ton → 1.5 ton)
- Energy conservation (20% fuel efficiency improvement)
“Only one” products that reduce the number of generators required for starting to just one.
A new window will be launched when you click a link with the left icon.